When does 1 + 1 = 3 (or more)? When you've got a baby on the way.
Part of that new math, says #1 New York Times bestselling author Jill Conner Browne - whom USA Today calls "just plain funny" - includes the addition of an outsize sense of humor to balance the equation of your growing family.
The Sweet Potato Queens' Guide to Raising Children for Fun and Profit is a hilarious (though not scientifically tested) wink at the time-honored mysteries of parenting, for anybody who has ever had a kid or has ever known one, knows that the experience is neither fun nor profitable - so, you might as well laugh!
As each generation begins its hopeful, happy, and, yes, sometimes harrowing journey together as Parent and Child, together they spawn a new body of "knowledge," the nuances of which will elude the Experts every time. Here are stories of the things we do for Mother Love - or, the most incredibly full-time volunteer job ever - and tips guaranteed not to be found in any other parenting guide.
- How to Talk to a Pregnant Woman
- How the Diamonds on Delivery Policy Can Speed Up the Labor Nature Intended
- Why a Good Mother Is Always Adept at Subterfuge
- The List of Things You Wouldn't Think You Would Have to Tell Kids Not to Do
- Why Mothers of Sons Can Never Retire
- Why, for Parents, IIt's Just a Short Drive to the Poorhouse
The Sweet Potato Queens' Guide to Raising Children for Fun and Profit will have everyone who's ever been a parent - or ever thought of becoming one - or been a child - or is still one - giggling and grinning (no small feat) through those child-bearing years and beyond.